I’ve used an iPhone since 2008 and bought the first iPad model back in May 2010, upgrading in 2011 and again in 2012 as they rapidly improved. By 2018 I was using a 7th-generation iPad and an iPhone X. I like to prop up my iPads with Zerochroma stands.
I’ve bought and installed hundreds of apps on my iPhones and iPads. Some are only used once or twice, some last awhile and then are discarded, but there are a few I regularly rely upon.
I mainly use my iPad to browse the web, read the news, watch podcasts, and watch YouTube videos.
Here are my favorite iOS apps as of summer 2017:
Safari, Mail, Calendar, Music, YouTube, and TWiTPad (tech podcasts)
- Tulsa World (paid subscription access)
- Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise (paid subscription access)
- Safari shortcut to Tulsa World News
- Safari shortcut to Bartlesville Radio News
- USA Today
- NPR (although I still mainly rely on radio for it)
Other Frequently Used Apps
- Instapaper (fantastic web clipper)
- Wikipanion (Wikipedia and similar databases)
- SplashID (logins and passwords sync for iPad/iPhone/computers)
- Alexa App (for our Amazon Echo devices)
- Kindle (check out my book recommendations)
- YouTube (check out my channel recommendations)